I’m just testing the waters here, before I re-start my series on Boeotian deities (I’d apologise for the huge gap in time, but there was a huge gap in my “30 Days of Paganism” series, and I barely gave much fuck to apologise for that —the world is an imperfect place):
How many people would be interested if I compiled every post I could from that series (obviously, I can’t put YouTube and copyrighted images I don’t own into a book), as well as some other posts related to the various deities in the series, into book form? There are plenty of advantages to having a book, and plus, I’d clean up the grammar, spelling, and style of a bunch of the articles and revise those I feel need it.
The downside, I see for myself at least, is that I don’t have the academic credentials that Dver and P. Sufenas Virius Lupus can boast (though I can hold my own in most academic convos —which gives me a leg up over most sciolists), and I’m no-where near as popular as Sannion (even if he is the biggest driver of traffic to this blog, after search engines —but that’s cos his round Fascist arse clearly wants to, ahem “feel the power of the proletariat”, if you get my meaning). Unless people tell me, I’m going to remain under the impression that any book I do as a companion to this blog will —like my career as a novelist— only appeal to two or three people, which will barely pay for the stock photo on the cover and leave me with enough left over to buy gum (but I do like gum…).
So, some questions:
1) Would you be interested in such a book?
2) What would interest you most? Essay-esque articles? Myths retold? My shit attempts at poetry, etc…? Potentially book-exclusive content? Re-prints of public domain Baroque and Neo-Classical paintings?
3) If you bought a copy and liked it, would you tell your friends about it (in your blog, FarceBorg, in-person, etc…)?
I’m asking now so that I know how to best gear the rest of the series and other posts I can include. If you have any other suggestions, please keep in mind the following: My urban spirituality posts will be included in the Boeotian Deities anthology at a bare minimum —I have plans to eventually compile those for another book project, which will be years down from now. This project, if it comes to fruition, I may be able to finish within two years, and so the urban pagan book will absolutely be after that. This one will be more along the lines of the BA deity-anthologies, only to a whole pantheon, and I’m the only writer (presumably, this makes sense to you).
Also keep in mind that I’m anti-eBook. Run into enough people who claim to have a pirated copy of your first novel (but are somehow all “a big fan”), and you would be, too. Until I start making J.K. Rowling poundage, I’ll never release on eBook, again.
I need money. Here are ways you can give me some (if you feel so inclined):
* buy my badges —I also do custom orders, please feel free to e-mail me about that (ruadhan@NOSPAMpeacockfairy.com —remove NOSPAM so that it’ll actually get to me) —keep in mind, I charge design fees, if necessary
* buy my novels: New Dance: A Modernist Romance, and/or Simple Man: The Autobiography of Peter West (in my opinion, the former is better than the latter by a wide margin)
* buy a divination
* buy condoms
* PayPal me some random amount because…
…you want a specific myth re-told (and don’t care that I retain publication rights)
…you want to donate something to the garden (these birds just finished the last yummy suet cake and are almost out of seed feed —I’m just saying!)
you have a fetish for tranny boys and Scrooge McDuck, and wish to combine these fetishes, so you’ll give me several hundred dollars with instructions to withdraw it from the bank in Sacajewea dollars and then take video as I roll around naked on gold coins err…, you think I’m wicked awesome and should have enough money to pay my bills this month