I probably should have re-titled this, but it feels a little late now.
This really depends on the ritual in question.
For devotionals, I love incense, and a lot of my statuary is pretty expensive (at least relative to my budget) and took me quite a lot of time to save up for, so I have some special sense of attachment to the statues for that reason alone. My Eros & Psykhe was the most expensive, to date, followed by Hermaphroditos.
I love my shells on my Eros shrine and devotional altar, cos I’ve found ways to assure that they big ones would be more than decorative.
I also LURVE my scrying bowl. It was a gift from some-one in the old full_moon_swaps gift-exchange LJ community. I regularly contemplate painting it, the exterior, cos it would look gorgeous, if I did, but I never start to, cos I can never completely decide what colours to use for everything.
List behind cut:
0. Intro to meme
1. Beliefs – Why Hellenismos?
2. Beliefs – Cosmology
3. Beliefs – Deities
4. Beliefs – Birth, death and rebirth
5. Beliefs – Sacred sexuality
6. Beliefs – Divination, mysticism and various woo shit
7. Beliefs – The power of prayer/reciprocity
8. Beliefs – Festivals
10. Patrons – Eros
11. Patrons – Apollon
12. Pantheon – Moisai
13. Pantheon – Adonis & the Flower Boys
14. Pantheon – Nyx & Kybele/Gaia
15. Pantheon – Every-One Else
16. NNymphai, Khthonoi, & The Dead
17. My ways of worship
19. Hellenismos and my family/friends
20. Hellenismos and my love life
21. Other paths I’ve explored
22. Hellenismos and major life events
24. Personal aesthetics and Hellenismos
25. Favoured ritual tools, and why
26. Any “secular” pastimes with religious significance, and why
27. How Hellenismos has helped me in difficult times
28. One misconception about Hellenismos you’d like to clear up
29. The future of Hellenismos
30. Advice for seekers